Thursday, June 14, 2012

The new chicken coop

My laying hens needed some more space, so I pulled a design of a coop from the internet and showed my dad. He shook his head, studied the photos, and then proceeded to write down everything he would need to buy fromm Menards. The end result was just perfect. The chickens love it too!


To the left are the nesting boxes from which I will start gathering eggs in October sometime. The window acts as a door as well as a light option. Below the window are two removeable pans/floor so I can clean out the droppings. The entire structure is over 6 feet tall so I fit perfect going in the door.


The inside view.


Below the house part. Their perch rail and feeder.


Going up the ramp to the inside!


Crazy hairdo man!

1 comment:

  1. Dang, that would be nice for a bunnery and/or cattery!

    ReplyDelete