Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Raising Chickens

I recently invested in a batch of 50 chicks and 2 ducks. The chicks are Cornish Rock crosses and the two ducks are Indian Runner. They are a week old today and are all doing well! They have doubled in size due to their unending hunger and thirst. I give them food 3 times a day and fill their water at least twice a day. I am trying to devise a new area to keep them in. I definately did not expect them to grow this fast. Either way they are still adorable. The chicks will be ready to butcher in 8 to 12 weeks from start to finish and the two ducks will be pets. Here is a few pictures of where I am keeping them.

We keep a heat lamp on them 24 hours a day. Sometimes I have to move it up or down depending on how warm it is outside.


The ducks and chicks seem to get along just fine. They all love to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment