Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vanilla Beans

I have been waiting for my order to arrive for a little over 2 weeks now, and yesterday they finally arrived!

My Indian organic vanilla beans arrived to my door in a little cloth pouch.


This was new to me. My address was just written on the front with ballpoint pen ink.


I could smell the beans through the cloth. Oh boy, I was definately in for a treat. I had ordered 50 of them. They came wrapped in bubble wrap and a plastic bag wrapped snuggly around the group of pods.




I have read about various places to store vanilla beans in and decided to go with an extra large mason jar.


The beans I bought were A+ grade that were 7 to 8 inches long, so they are nice size.


Ahhh my beans at last, tucked away for a years worth of baking and ice cream making.



No comments:

Post a Comment